The 2017 National Blue Ribbon Schools program application has been released by the U.S. Department of Education.
To be eligible, schools must enroll a minimum of 100 students and must have assessment data for at least 10 students in each tested grade for both reading and math. Whether a school uses national or state tests or both, the top 15 percent criterion must be met in both reading and math scores for the most recent year tested for ALL grades three and higher in which the tests are administered in the school.
Schools interested in applying will have to register for the program by November 15, 2016.
- Download the assessment cut scores (PDF) from the U.S. Department of Education’s Web site to see if your school qualifies.
- Read CAPE’s important tips regarding the application process and narrative requirement
- Complete the BRS Application pdf and submit via mail to CAPE by 5 p.m., December 16:
- two hard paper copies of the online application
- an original application cover sheet signed by all appropriate parties (be sure to make a PDF copy of the original that you can upload to the online portal), and
- the assessment verification document(s).
CAPE’s review panel selects 50 schools to nominate for the award and advises applicants accordingly. Schools are notified of the results, and nominated schools receive feedback on how to improve their applications by January 29, 2017.
Get the complete Blue Ribbon School details from CAPE