Website Cascadia Montessori School
School Overview: Cascadia is a private elementary school for students in prekindergarten through the fourth grade. Founded in 1977, Cascadia is known for its advanced academic program rounded with French, music, art, and physical education. Cascadia is a moderate size school, with approximately 80 students. Students are in an environment that fosters love of learning, responsibility, respect, integrity, and good citizenship. Our students continue on to a variety of private and public middle schools and are forever shaped by their Cascadia experience.
Position Description: Cascadia is seeking a full-time elementary teacher starting the 2017-2018 school year. This position will include curriculum implementation, teaching of all core subjects, student assessments, communication with parents, and collaborative work with colleagues. Teacher will also work with a mentor to learn and implement the culture and existing curriculum of Cascadia.
· Bachelors degree in Elementary Education or Master degree in Education
· Washington state teaching licenses
· Proficient in technology and interested in incorporating technology in the classroom
· Experience with inquiry-based interdisciplinary teaching
· Passion for a student-centered, experiential, and integrated curriculum that teaches strong skills in all subject areas
· Strong skills teaching creative, informative writing, advanced math, and problem solving
· Excited about working in a co-teaching environment
· Excellent organizational skills
· Flexible and adaptable to changes that take place in a busy learning environment
· Desire to contribute to Cascadia beyond the classroom
Responsibilities: The position will include implementing existing curriculum as well as planning and implementing new lessons, gathering material for new lessons, grading, writing parent conference reports, communicating with parents, participating in parent conferences, and participating in the placement process for students graduating from Cascadia.
Compensation: Salary and benefits to be discussed
To Apply: Send a resume and cover letter by email explaining your interest in this position. Include education, experience, responsibilities, references, copy of certification.
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org