Website Life Christian Academy
About the Organization:
Life Christian Academy was established in 1973 with six children and one preschool teacher as a ministry of Life Center Church. Since its inception, Life Christian Academy (LCA) has unshakably committed to fully equipping every student for success and significance through the development of mind, heart, and hands. Over the years, the school has committed to executing this mission by providing an equal balance of high quality academic instruction, authentic spiritual formation, and programs that broaden the student experience and sharpen their unique talents, from athletics and arts to leadership and international experience.
Life Christian Academy is a ministry of Life Center. It is in partnership with and accountable to Life Center, both relationally and organizationally, and aligned with its guiding beliefs, vision, and mission. LCA’s school board oversees and provides direction and support for the school’s mission, finances, programs, and continual advancement.
About the Position:
The Headmaster of the school is the sole employee of the Board of Trustee’s and representative of the Board in its relations with the faculty, staff, students, church and the patrons of the corporation. This position shall select and hire properly qualified persons to serve as members of the faculty and administration, and collaborate with elementary, middle school, and high school principals to supervise the faculty/staff and student learning. The Headmaster will coordinate the activities of the entire organization, including regular meetings with the faculty and staff to generate the general policies of the Board and make sure they are understood and followed. This role will effectively promote and implement the mission of Life Christian Academy with a Christ-like attitude, build relationships with donors, and be a consistent role model for the staff, parents, and students.
Success in this role will be measured by the effective completion and excellent execution in the areas of school governance, educational programming and institutional advancement, the specifics of which include the following:
What We Are Searching For:
The successful candidate will possess a master’s degree or equivalent in education, business, or a comparable degree in an associated discipline.
This individual’s scope of professional competencies and experience will include the following:
- A deep understanding of Christian education and an exceptional ability to articulate the mission and vision of the school to all constituencies.
- Significant administrative and classroom experience in an educational setting.
- A track record as a creative education leader, having identified and implemented innovative programs and partnerships.
- A commitment to, and capability to make continuous improvement in curriculum and teaching methods.
- Comfortably lead and serve an interdenominational and multi-ethnic community.
- A track record of developing a strong administrative team.
- A demonstrated ability to recruit, develop, and retain talent.
- Familiarity with ‘leading edge’ instructional and administrative technology and tools.
- Proven history of fundraising, capital campaign management, and institutional advancement.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills—speaking, writing, and using technology effectively.
- Demonstrated team-building skills with the ability to inspire, empower, and motivate colleagues.
- Competence as a manager, with a history of initiating, following through, solving problems, and bringing positive change.
- A solid background in school business and financial administration.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.vanderbloemen.com/jobs/life-christian-academy-headmaster →