Website Soundview School
Soundview is a small independent school for Early Childhood through Grade 8 students. We offer our students the International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years and Middle Years programs. The curriculum is inquiry-based and planned collaboratively by the teaching team and IB Coordinator.
The Early Childhood Teacher position is an exciting instructional opportunity for a progressive, constructivist, and collaborative teacher. The Early Childhood Teacher delivers four IB units of inquiry, based on transdisciplinary themes, in a play-based learning environment. In addition, the Early Childhood Teacher uses developmentally-appropriate literacy and numeracy curriculum and collaborates to integrate language acquisition, art, music, and physical education.
We are seeking both lead and associate Early Childhood Teachers. This position could also be combined with before or after-care duties and/or the Before/After Care Supervisor role.
Basic Duties of All Teachers Include:
- IB Unit planning, instruction, assessment, and reporting.
- Collaborative planning with teaching teams.
- Various supervisory duties.
- Ongoing program review and revision.
- Full participation in the life of the school and students, including evening events.
- AA degree required.
- Up to date STARS/Merit hours required.
- BA or BS from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Classroom experience and/or teaching certificate preferred.
- IB and independent school experience preferred.
- 45 early childhood education hours and two years experience required for Before/After Care Supervisor.
- Salary commensurate with experience, qualifications, and benchmarked with peer schools.
- Benefits package: medical, dental, vision, retirement.
- Retirement matching program.
- Small school environment.
- International Baccalaureate and other professional development.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. A 20-30 minute teaching video is recommended.
Soundview School does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or any other status protected by the law.