Website Soundview School
Soundview is a small independent school for Early Childhood through Grade 8 students. We offer our students the International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years and Middle Years programs. The curriculum is inquiry-based and planned collaboratively by the teaching team and IB Coordinator.
The middle school Humanities teaching position is an exciting instructional opportunity for a progressive, constructivist, and collaborative teacher. The middle school Humanities teacher designs and delivers six IB units of study to grades 6 through 8. In addition, the middle school Humanities teacher collaborates with the rest of the middle school teaching team to create interdisciplinary learning opportunities which develop and deepen conceptual understanding.
As a member of the middle school community, the Humanities Teacher participates in Monday Morning Meetings, leads an advisory section, engages in community service and PE field trips, teaches and supports in other academic disciplines, and acts as a pedagogical leader in the school in the areas of writing and social studies.
Basic Duties of All Teachers Include:
- IB Unit planning, instruction, assessment, and reporting.
- Collaborative planning with teaching teams.
- Various supervisory duties.
- Ongoing program review and revision.
- Full participation in the life of the school and students, including outdoor trips and evening events.
- BA or BS from an accredited college or university.
- Classroom experience and/or teaching certificate preferred.
- IB and independent school experience preferred.
- Experience in other subject areas, service learning and/or design thinking is a plus.
- Salary commensurate with experience, qualifications, and benchmarked with peer schools.
- Benefits package: medical, dental, vision, retirement.
- Retirement matching program.
- Small school environment.
- International Baccalaureate and other professional development.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. A 20-30 minute teaching video is recommended.
Soundview School does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or any other status protected by the law.