For-profit institutions had ample warning but Thursday’s decision by the Education Department still sent waves across the country resulting in panic, law suits and a new degree of suffering for students at for-profit schools. As WFIS continues to work on maintaining accreditation integrity for the private and independent K-!2 students of WA state, what lessons can be learned? Are there parallels to be drawn with the expansive list of nationally recognized institutional accreditors and our own region’s diverse group?
- Hamlin Robinson, living up to its “WFIS Most Innovative Program” award
- Teacher-shortage crisis? UW researcher says it’s not that simple, and offers some fixes
- Lead poisoning in kids may be way underestimated
- DEL Parent Advisory Group needs to fill five vacant seats
- Senator Murray, others ask for federal study of Tax-Credit School Choice Programs