First Aid Kits – Chapter 110-300 WAC.
Everything on the list needs to be included.
Staff Files – Chapter 110-300 WAC.
Ensure all items on the list are included in physical staff files and that all staff have updated their info (Health and Safety, Education) in MERIT.
Postings – Chapter 110-300 WAC.
All relevant items must be on the posting board.
Child Files – Chapter 110-300 WAC.
Ensure you have access to child files that include all the items listed.
- Be ready to show your sign-in/sign-out sheets for both kids and staff.
- You can explain the toothbrushing activities that you are doing or provide the signed sheet (parent handbook?) for parents to not have toothbrushing at school.
- Your refrigerator must have a thermometer for storing lunches that kids bring from home. They don’t seem to be accepting ice packs for refrigeration – have to show that any foods that need to be refrigerated are in something that shows it is 42 degrees or lower.
- Document that you are tracking drills (fire, earthquake, lockdown).
- The 3-step cleaning process and properly labeled bottles – ensure all hazardous materials, including wipes and sanitizer, are not present.
- Show safe, secure tracking of medication.
See Childcare Requirements to Test Drinking Water for lead and copper.
Here is the link to the licensors for our early learning programs: https://www.dcyf.wa.gov/find-an-office/el-offices
Thank you to Dave Mayer, our Private Schools Representative on the DCYF Fair Start for Children Subcommittee, for this list of reminders.