The Test Fee Program provides funds to cover the cost of annual Advanced Placement (AP), Cambridge International (CI), and International Baccalaureate (IB) exams taken by students who qualify as low-income in public and private schools.
Continuing test fee support for the 2022–23 school year:
- State funds continue to be provided by the Legislature to subsidize the cost of AP/CI/IB exams taken by low-income students.
- There are no co-pays for the students who qualify. The subsidy covers 100 percent of the test fee.
- A student is considered low-income and eligible for the subsidy if the student is eligible via any of the methods listed under the “AP Test Fee Waiver Program” tab on the OSPI Dual Credit webpage.
- Advanced Placement coordinators will follow the procedures to participate in the program as outlined by the College Board. For more information, please go to the College Board AP Exam Fee Reductions webpage.
- International Baccalaureate and Cambridge International coordinators will follow the procedure for reimbursement through the iGrants system (release in Spring 2023).
See OSPI BULLETIN NO. 072-22
For questions, contact Tim McClain, OSPI’s Dual Credit Program Supervisor, at email@example.com or 201-341-2955.