College admissions offices recently started using predictive algorithms to analyze and profile individual-student behavior using information submitted by students on applications as well as social media data. This content is to determine the student’s likelihood to enroll, the extent to which financial aid will be needed, define incentives needed to lure the interest of a particularly well-off applicant, and the odds for a student to reach graduation. All this effort is aimed at the prized outcome of increased college ranking – but the result is very miserable high school students, living on the edge of scrutiny with more concern than ever about the unknown opportunity in their future. Read the slate.com article drawn from Cathy O’Neil’s book Weapons of Math Destruction.
Current Board Members
- Auburn Adventist AcademyHere You Are Family
- Concordia Christian Academy
- Evergreen Christian School
- La Salle High School
- Lynden Christian Schools
- Mount Vernon Christian School
- Northshore Christian AcademyNational Blue Ribbon Award Winning School 2019
- Saint George's SchoolInspiring scholars, athletes, and artists to serve and lead others.
- Seattle Country Day School
- Seattle Hebrew Academy
- St. Michael Parish School
- The Bear Creek School
- Three Rivers Christian SchoolTo prepare students from infancy thru 12th grade to impact the world for Christ.
- Eaton Arrowsmith Academy - Redmond
- Hillside Student Community School
- Northwest Christian SchoolPreschool-8th Grade where students consider themselves a family of friends.
- Renton Preparatory Christian SchoolLeading Private Education
- Spruce Street SchoolWhere students are valued for who they are.
- St. Anne SchoolENRICHING MIND, BODY, AND SOUL SINCE 1923
- St. Madeleine Sophie SchoolServe, Lead, Love and Learn
- University Child Development SchoolIgniting positive change
- Student Voices: Why the educational system is flawed, and what to do about it August 1, 2022
- WFIS recap of the State-CAPE’s Summer Institute July 27, 2022
- DCYF & PNMA establish robust system recognizing Montessori for “credit”. May 6, 2022
- Early Learning Directors meet with DCYF Licensing Lead May 2, 2022
- Washington state to extend a pandemic graduation waiver program until 2024 April 7, 2022