On January 8th, students who are not compliant with immunization requirements will be kept from attending school. Exclusion letters were sent by many schools in December to inform parents of students with incomplete vaccination records that their student will not be able to attend school on January 8th unless their records are updated.  
Please see below for answers to some frequently asked questions: 
I received an exclusionary letter in the mail.  What do I do now?
If you received an exclusion letter, here is what you can do to avoid having your child miss any school time:  
  • Provide a copy of an official vaccination record from a health care clinic/provider (send this to the school’s nurse / health administrator via email or send it to school with your student)
  • Make an appointment with your health care provider to get your child vaccinated and inform the school of the appointment date
  • Provide a signed Certificate of Exemption form if you are not going to have your child vaccinated 
(Note: as of July 28, 2019, personal exemption is no longer allowed for the MMR (Measles, Mumps Rubella) per Washington House Bill 1638.)
Do I have to visit my child’s physician?
In addition to their health care provider, students can access immunizations at:
  • Local pharmacies where walk-in services may be available at some locations.  Same day appointments are often available and may reduce wait time.
Is my child required to get a flu shot?
The CDC advises that most people over 6 months of age receive a flu vaccination each year.  WA State law does not require flu vaccination.   
I have a medical or religious exemption.
You will need to bring a completed Certificate of Exemption (COE) Form to your child’s school.
Note: as of July 28, 2019, personal exemption is no longer allowed for the MMR (Measles, Mumps Rubella) per Washington House Bill 1638.
What documentation do I need to provide the school nurse?
Schools require provider verified records. The following documentation is accepted as proof of immunization:
What do I do if I am unable to comply with the immunization requirements by January 8th?
If your child has an upcoming appointment to get vaccinated with your health care provider, let your school nurse / health administrator know of the appointment date.   
How do we obtain records for out-of-state students attending school in WA? 
For our-of-state students immunization records, visit Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website to find the contact information for your state.