Website Epiphany School
Epiphany School is looking for a Director of Finance and Operations (DFO) to lead operations and provide strategic support to the organization. The DFO supervises the Business Office and is the chief financial spokesperson for the organization. The DFO is responsible for providing timely, relevant, and accurate financial information to the school’s managers and stakeholders. This position serves as a strong partner to the Head of School on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to the financial and/or strategic direction of the school.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with the Head of School and other administrators on the strategic vision and operating plans for the organization
- Assist in performing all necessary tasks to ensure the attainment of the organization’s mission
- Oversee all business office functions, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, purchasing, reporting, and financial controls
- Ensure adequate controls are installed and executed that will insure the integrity of the accounting processes, safeguard the organization’s financial assets, and that will pass an independent audit
- Oversee the management of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization, including monthly revenue/expense and balance sheet reports for internal and external users; reports to banks, governmental agencies, and other required reporting needs
- Establish a plan and schedule for the preparation of the annual budget that will permit the setting of the succeeding year’s tuition at a Board of Trustees meeting early in the calendar year
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive long-range financial planning forecasting model to enable strategic financial decision-making
- Ensure adequate cash flow to meet the organization’s needs
- Establish and monitor all banking activities for the organization
- Advise and negotiate all significant contracts on behalf of the organization
- Oversee the annual audit of the school’s financial records and financial positions
- Attend Board of Trustees and committee meetings; provide staff support to the finance, investments, and the master use committees of the Board
- Manage risk at the school to ensure the safety of personnel and students in their use of the facilities
- Maintain appropriate levels of insurance to protect the property and to cover the liability of the school
- Assist in the design, implementation, and timely calculation of salaries and wages for all employees
- Investigate cost-effective benefit plans and other fringe benefits that will ensure the organization is able to attract and retain qualified employees
- Oversee the prudent purchasing and maintenance of fixed assets, including property, plant, and equipment
- Directly supervise the following personnel: Business Manager, Office Manager, Extended Day Manager, Facilities Manager, School Nurse and IT Manager
- Represent the school at various regional, state, and national associations relative to the role of DFO
- Supervise non-classroom duties when assigned
- Perform lunch, recess, arrival and dismissal duties
- Other duties, as required and requested by the Head of School
- Must hold a bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field; MBA and CPA preferred
- Minimum of five years of financial management experience with the day-to-day financial operations of a similarly sized and resourced organization
- Minimum of three years of experience in direct supervision of staff
- Knowledge of not-for-profit accounting in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Knowledge and experience with fund accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll
- Knowledge and experience with benefit administration, labor law and other human resource management issues
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to easily transition from task to task
- Impeccable verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to work with detailed information with a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality
- Experience with accounting software systems required; working knowledge of Blackbaud Financial Edge desired
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required
- Experience working with Board of Directors in a non-profit setting
- Experience in a school or educational setting preferred
Please submit all materials including resume, cover letter and references by June 4, 2021.
About Epiphany School
Epiphany School is an independent elementary school serving grades Pre-Kindergarten through Fifth Grade. The school is committed to inspiring and challenging every student in a warm, caring, and inclusive environment. With approximately 250 students, Epiphany School is large enough to offer a broad spectrum of educational opportunities and small enough to maintain a close-knit community that is much like an extended family. The beautiful, historic campus is located in a quiet setting in central Seattle’s Madrona neighborhood.
We offer our employees generous benefits and ample professional development opportunities. Epiphany School offers excellent medical benefits that include vision, dental, flexible spending account, long term disability and life coverages. We offer competitive wages, commensurate with education and experience. In addition, you will enjoy paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, and 403b plan with a matching contribution.
Epiphany School actively cultivates an awareness and respect for diversity in all forms. We strive to create a positive, joyful, and inclusive community by embracing the following values: respect, responsibility, and resourcefulness. Epiphany School is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee because of race, color, national origin, religion, gender identity, age, sex, marital status, political ideology, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit secure3.entertimeonline.com.