Website French American School of Puget Sound
JOB TITLE: Auxiliary Programs Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Extended Day & Summer Programs Director
POSITION STATUS: Full-Time, salaried non-exempt employee. Yearlong position.
SCHEDULE: 40 hours a week, Monday-Friday. Occasional need to work varied hours including evenings and some weekends, as necessary.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Auxiliary Programs Coordinator assumes the responsibility to plan and manage the Extended Day programs with the assistance of the Extended Day & Summer Programs Director and the Assistant Director of Auxiliary Programs. The Program Coordinator also supports the Director and Assistant Director with the administration, management, and supervision of the Summer and other Auxiliary Programs. The coordinator will also support the school by filling in for supervision duties or classroom assistance if needed when Auxiliary Programs are not taking priority. Ideal candidates will be highly motivated, organized and detail-oriented professionals with interest or experience in youth development or after-school programs.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordination of the Enrichment Class program development at FASPS: seeking and onboarding new vendors, maintaining positive relationships with vendors, managing current program and supporting decision-making therein
- Assist the Director with general administrative and clerical duties, including sitting at the front desk
- Coordination of marketing and communication of Extended Day, Summer, and other Auxiliary Programs to the internal FASPS community
- Preliminary review of invoices related to Extended Day
- Support the Director in collaborating with school staff and administration to align the program with the mission of the school
- Be an active leader in developing positive staff and program participant culture
- Collect and review registrations and manage the entry of registration data into the database
- Answer parent emails and phone calls in a courteous and professional manner, maintain appropriate communication standards and documentation
- Manage and track after school attendance for all programs
- Data entry for billing purposes
- Create and update snack menus in compliance with DCYF standards
- Order and maintain inventory for all program supplies including playground equipment and snack
- Support the Assistant Director with maintaining DCYF licensing compliance records and communicating with staff regarding their required training
- Substitute for Extended Day staff during the day or after school as needed
- Undertake other program related and administrative tasks as assigned by the Director
- Understand and support FASPS’ mission, vision, and core values and promote a positive image of the school
- Ability to comply with COVID-19 precautions such as wearing a face mask all day
- Ability to comply with weekly COVID-19 testing, either as provided through FASPS or obtaining a PCR test independently
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Previous experience working with children in a school or childcare setting
- Computer competency with extensive knowledge of Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point and others
- Previous project management experience (or an equivalent) is a strong plus, but is not required
- Proficiency in French (listening, writing, and speaking) is a strong plus but is not required
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrate flexibility and problem-solving skills
- Ability to take and follow instructions
- Ability to oversee a project from start to completion
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Demonstrate responsibility and punctuality
- Strong rapport with children and good classroom management skills
- Ability to adapt cheerfully to changing priorities
- Ease within a fast-paced work environment
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Occasionally lift – up to 20 pounds
- Generally work in standard office conditions and environment, but may also work in the classroom and outside on the playground
- May work at desk and computer for extended periods of time
- May stand for extended periods of time
THE FOLLOWING TRAINING IS REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION:
if not current, will be done at the school’s expense
- WA State Food Handler’s Permit
- HIV/Bloodborne Pathogens
- STARS 30-hour Child Care Basics Course (within first 6 months of hire)
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION: Salary dependent on experience, please include your salary requirements in your application. Sick days, personal days and vacation included in benefits package. Medical and retirement benefits are included within the benefit package.
SCHEDULE: The position is open immediately. Daily hours may vary but generally from 9:00-5:30 or from 10:00-6:30.
APPLICATION: To be considered, you must send a cover letter describing your interest in and qualifications for this position, a resume, and three professional references to Ren Keller, Director of Extended Day, at email@example.com. Applications that do not include these three items may not be considered for the position. No phone calls please.
Our Mission: What We Do
We challenge students to excel academically and thrive in French, American, and international cultures.
Our Vision: Why We Do It
To inspire the next generation of global citizens to learn, understand, and act wisely in a multicultural world.
Our Core Values
The core values that guide our work and reflect what we strive to nurture in our students include: Excellence, Integrity, Cultural Agility, and Community.
The French American School of Puget Sound is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org