Website French American School of Puget Sound
Now Hiring for 2021-2022 School Year
Full-Time Educational Assistants (>30 hours per week)
Part-Time Educational Assistants (20-30 hours per week)
Part-Time Educational Assistants (<20 hours per week)
This position is for the coming school year from August 26, 2021 to June 16, 2022. Work hours fixed within the hours of 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM Monday through Friday. During school breaks, distance learning or non-school days, hours and schedules may vary.
Extended Day Team:
Currently seeking to fill several different Educational Assistant positions for the 2021-2022 school year (August 26, 2021-June 16, 2022). Educational Assistants are part of the Extended Day team at the French American School of Puget Sound. Our Extended Day Team is responsible for supervising and working with Preschool through Grade 8 students during the school day, after school, and during school breaks, during distance learning or other non-school days under the guidance of the Director of Extended Day.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Active supervision of students during lunch, recess, and nap (preschool only), ensuring student safety in all situations
• Preparation of classroom materials, following Faculty specifications; photocopies, laminating, cutting, etc.
• In-person or online supervision and student support during Distance Learning Program (online learning).
• Planning and organization of varied educational and fun activities for students after-school and during school breaks or non-school days.
• Preparation and distribution of snack.
• Adherence to school and Washington State Department of Early Learning licensing policies and procedures
• Adherence to FASPS COVID-19 Response and Prevention Procedures
• Communication to the appropriate person and management of student behavior, injuries, and conflicts
• Providing social and emotional support to students and cultivating a respectful and responsible environment
• Adherence to the guidelines of positive discipline; assistance of students with problem solving and conflict resolution
• Regular and appropriate communication with colleagues, teachers, administrators, and students
• Attendance of weekly meetings and awareness of school wide news and information
• Accompaniment of students to the pool, supervision in the locker room, and observation during swim lessons – not required to swim or teach swim lessons. (pool use TBD for the 2021-2022 year)
Requirements for hire:
• Experience and confidence working with preschool and/or school age children
• Motivation and enthusiasm while working with students in an educational setting
• Patience and ability to connect with students of different ages and backgrounds
• Effective performance as a part of a team and active participation in the school community
• Creativity and leadership to organize and initiate fun, educational activities for students after school and during breaks
• Punctuality and dependability for consistent attendance
• Ability to walk or stand for periods of up to 1 hour and to bend or stoop to students’ level
• The ability to pass a background check and submit a negative TB nest
• Compliance with WA state MMR vaccine laws
• Experience in French or another language besides English
• A degree or courses in Education or Early Childhood Development
• A professional goal to work in a school or in child/youth development
The following training is required for the position and if not current will be done on the at the school’s expense:
• WA State Food Handler’s Permit
• HIV/Blood borne Pathogens
• STARS 30-hour Child Care Basics Course (within first 6 months of hire)
Benefits and Compensation:
Rate is competitive and paid on an hourly basis. Full-time positions will include benefits.
To apply please send a cover letter describing your interest in and qualifications for this position, your resume, and three professional references to Ren Keller, Director of Extended Day at email@example.com. Please include in your subject the specific position you are applying for. Applications that do not include these requested items may not be considered for the position. No phone calls please.
FASPS does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, creed, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal. This policy applies to applicants, employees, students, volunteers, parents, and coaches. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints alleging violation of this policy:
Civil Rights Coordinator – Susan Griesse CRcoordinator@fasps.org
Section 504 Coordinator – Cécile Chapel firstname.lastname@example.org
Title IX Coordinator – Susan Griesse TitleIXcoordinator@fasps.org
3795 E Mercer Way, Mercer Island, WA 98040
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com