Website French American School of Puget Sound
Job Duties include:
- Drive one AM & potentially two PM bus routes.
- Fuel the bus as needed and turn in receipts.
- Maintain respectful and orderly conduct on the bus.
- Maintain daily logs.
- Notify maintenance needs in timely fashion.
- Report safety-related concerns in timely fashion.
- Perform other duties as may be reasonably assigned to this position.
- Dependable, reliable and experienced school bus driver.
- Must pass a background check, MVR, and drug test.
- Approximate route times: AM is 6:45 – 8:30. PM either 3:30-4:30 or 3:30 – 6:00 (if two routes).
- Route originates on Mercer Island and will travel either to Seattle neighborhoods or Bellevue / Redmond neighborhoods.
- Willingness to provide excellent customer service in keeping with FASPS standards.
- All candidates must demonstrate a commitment to the school’s mission, values, and philosophy, especially related to diversity and the environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent and at least seven (7) years of licensed driving experience.
- Three (3) years of commercial driving experience (bus driving a plus) preferred.
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), Class B with a Passenger (P) Endorsement is required, and an S endorsement is preferred but not required.
- Clean driving record.
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively.
- Successful completion of DCYF background check.
- Submit and pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screening and DOT physical screening; and on-going random tests required per DOT regulations.
- Rate either $138 or $175 per school day.
- School offers excellent Health and dental benefits.
- Additional income from Field trip driving at a rate of $37/hour.
- Permanent part-time position from September to mid-June.
- Possibility of additional summer camp work.
Send resume and cover letter to the Transportation team: Victoria Paolacci-Mellor, Facilities, Office and Transportation Director & Covid-19 site Coordinator and Tyler King Facilities, Office and Transportation Assistant at Hiring@fasps.org. No phone calls.
To apply for this job email your details to Hiring@fasps.org