Website Giddens School
In Residence Substitute Teacher
Giddens School offers preschool through 5th-grade students an education grounded in the belief that critical thinking and social responsibility form the basis of an academically excellent curriculum. Giddens School is one of the most ethnically, economically, and socially diverse independent schools in the Northwest. Students graduate as curious, socially responsive, creative young people who are well-prepared for a lifetime of learning. Giddens School is explicitly committed to building a diverse community and actively seeks candidates that are often underrepresented in schools. Please visit our website for more information.
Giddens School is looking for a creative, positive, and dynamic educator to be our next In Residence Substitute Teacher. This is a unique opportunity to be an active member of our collaborative teaching team, participating in all aspects of school life. This is a full-time position.
● Substitute teaching throughout the school, including preschool – 5th-grade classrooms and specialist classes
● Supporting school-wide special events, including those connected to the enrollment and advancement departments
● Supporting classroom projects and learning experiences, including field trips, project-based learning, and outdoor education
Our ideal candidate will:
● Value our school mission and enrich their instruction with a commitment to diversity through respect for all children and cultures
● Have deep knowledge of early childhood and elementary classroom best practices
● Support the building of positive classroom and school communities
● Be a creative and strong team member; one who enjoys collaboration and views the work of teaching as public practice
● Be an advocate for social responsibility through a strong commitment to academics and social-emotional growth for all students
● Have three or more years’ experience teaching at elementary grade levels
● Formal education or training in teaching and child development
● Classroom experience, although this is an ideal position for an educator looking to gain more hands-on experience
● Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
Giddens School’s salary scale and benefits are competitive with our peer schools in the NWAIS. This position is paid hourly at $22.50 to $25.00/hr depending on experience. Benefits available after a waiting period.
Applicants should email the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A cover letter indicating why they would like to join the Giddens School community
- A brief description of their educational philosophy and how it relates to our mission and position
- A résumé
Giddens School is actively seeking to diversify its workplace and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, disability, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status protected by law. This position will remain open until filled.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com