Website Kennedy Catholic High School
Kennedy Catholic High School
John F. Kennedy Catholic High School is a private Catholic high school, dedicated to providing a high-quality Catholic education to all students in a diverse and equitable learning environment, committed to fostering young people’s relationship with God, devoted to educating the whole person and driven to inspire a life-long commitment to leadership, learning and service.
The Director of Technology is a central member of the school’s executive leadership team and provides leadership surrounding information and educational technologies. The Director of Technology contributes directly to the overall quality of education received by students at Kennedy Catholic by providing a vision for the implementation and use of technology to advance the educational goals and mission of the school; designing, implementing, and maintaining all technology systems to best support the needs of all Kennedy Catholic users; and by maintaining industry best practices for systems design, security, and backup. This position reports directly to the President/Principal.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Assists in establishing system-wide software and hardware standards, requirements and specifications
• Assists in reviewing and approving all system technology purchases to assure compatibility
• Prepares proposals and solicits bids for system technology needs
• Promotes Kennedy Catholic on local, state and national levels through conferences, workshops, seminars and technology associations
• Analyzes information to determine, recommend, and plan layout for type of computers and peripheral equipment, or modifications to existing equipment and system that will provide capability for new or upgraded networks, while maintaining efficient operation and effective use of space.
• Formulates technology training policies, programs, and schedules, based on knowledge of identified training needs
• Evaluates hardware and software for classroom or administrative needs
• Remains current on new developments in the areas of software, hardware, networks, telecommunications, training and maintenance.
• Provides professional development opportunities for technical and training support staff to keep abreast of the rapid changes in technology and software.
• Drafts applications and proposals to submit to fund granting authorities such as educational foundations
• Advocate technology usage and awareness and is a member of the school technology committee
• Provide Tier 3 end-user support
• Supervise Technology Department Staff
• Helps develop, manage and evaluate the technology budget
• Consults with administrators and teachers to define equipment needs
• Consults with administrators, teachers, board members, parents and community members to determine information requirements of teachers and students and to determine boundaries and priorities of new projects, and to discuss system capacity and equipment acquisitions.
• Contracts with vendors to provide needed technology solutions.
• Reviews reports of computer and peripheral equipment use, malfunction, and maintenance to ascertain costs and plan operating changes.
• Requisitions new materials, maintenance supplies, and other miscellaneous items needed by the Technology Department.
• Requisitions maintenance and repair parts for Kennedy Catholic’s technology equipment
• Submits needed technology budges, projects, grants, and policies to the Advisory Board
• Assists technology staff in technology maintenance and installation
• Assists staff to diagnose and solve computer equipment problems
• Helps manage resources effectively, including personnel, money and materials
• Confers with administrators and teachers to determine technology training needs
• Coordinates, evaluates and recommends hardware and software purchases and replacement
• Helps supervise the installation of computers and related equipment
• Coordinates the development, monitoring, and periodic evaluation of a five – year technology plan
• Troubleshoots and repairs computer hardware and software when appropriate
• Attends conferences, seminars and training sessions to maintain competency level
• Establishes and coordinate the activities of the technicians
• Develops and coordinates training and development programs in the technologies for the faculty and staff
• Coordinates vendor services and maintains positive relations with partners
• Manages vendor relationships, including maintenance, hardware and software upgrades, and ongoing development work with the system and users.
• Provides leadership for efforts involved with showcasing technology projects for Kennedy Catholic with the community and outside visitors
• Works with administrators in the long-range planning, facilities design, school construction issues, and budgeting with regards to technology
The ideal candidate will have:
• A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in educational technology, management information systems, or related field; Master’s degree preferred
• Minimum five years experience in technology management with progressive responsibilities; preference for experiences in a K-12 setting
• Experience within a Catholic school setting and demonstrated commitment to Catholic education
• Demonstrated commitment to building equitable and inclusive learning environments for a diverse student population
• The ability to evaluate the use of technology in the classroom and to model and support the effective integration of technology in the classroom
• Demonstrated competency with administrative and instructional applications of technology
• Familiarity with website design and website vendors
• Knowledge of multi-media equipment and applications, basic software applications and common operating systems typically used in a high school setting
• A working knowledge of hardware components and their functions
• Demonstrated the ability to implement new technologies
• Demonstrated knowledge of network architecture, systems architecture, common network and server operating systems, and network and systems support
• Demonstrated experience with Windows Server 2012R2, Server 2016, Server 2019 Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, WLAN, SQL Server, website administration
• Designed and implemented computer networks suitable for educational systems
• Supervised and supported personnel
• Planned both long- and short-term trainings for a variety of users
• Developed appropriate training materials for school personnel
Position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed beginning April 19, 2021. First round interviews may occur either by Zoom or in person.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com