Website Northshore Christian Church & Academy
Communities changed through hope in Jesus, one person at a time
The purpose of the Ministry of Business & Finance is to provide business and financial resources to the Church and Academy communities. The Accountant works under the direction of the Business Manager in the management of financial information and systems that accurately measure, process, and communicate the information recorded.
The Accountant is responsible for making quality recommendations and decisions within their designated authority. This individual is expected to contribute to all staff through fellowship, encouragement, sacrifice, cooperation, prayer support and other appropriate ways, as they seek to serve the Lord Jesus Christ and the church. In all functions of the work, remain flexible and patient, filled with endurance to advance the ministry of NCC.
* Emphasis on ensuring the accuracy of data posted from subsidiary modules into the general ledger and completing general ledger account reconciliations of varying complexity. Reconciliations include, but are not limited to, bank statements, employee benefits, fixed assets, accounts receivable and payable, and inter-company accounts.
* Prepare monthly and yearly accruals and adjustments.
* Coordinate tax reporting with 3rd party vendor.
* Knowledge and understanding of Accounting software, Excel, CCO (Church database), Microsoft Word, Microsoft Publisher and PowerPoint with the ability to quickly learn new software required to perform work.
* Exercise responsibility for the delivery of accurate and timely financial services to the Church & Academy communities in conformance with the organizational policy.
* Working knowledge and understanding of financial statements such as a balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flow.
* Have a thorough knowledge of the church Operating and Capital Budgets and Financial Approval Process.
* Understand complex budget spreadsheets and assist the Business Manager in compiling the annual operating and capital budgets.
* Have a thorough knowledge of all forms and documentation necessary for all programs facilitated by The Ministry of Business & Finance.
* Maintain necessary statistical records on a weekly basis and provide management and/or operational information reports as required.
* Crosstrain to learn all aspects of accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll.
* Maintain understanding of relationships between accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll and the general ledger.
* Research and evaluate the need for program or process changes and make recommendations for improvement.
* Display knowledge and application of stewardship applied to policy, process, and procedures facilitated within The Ministry of Business & Finance.
* Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, or Church Administration or equivalent experience in full-cycle accounting position.
* Experience within a non-profit environment desired, preferably an evangelical church environment.
* Two-year minimum experience in finance or environment with responsibilities in all facets of the accounting cycle through financial reporting desired.
To apply for this job please visit www.nca.school.