Website Nueva Esperanza Leadership Academy
Known, Loved, and Learning
Job Opening: Administrative Assistant (K-8)
Nueva Esperanza Leadership Academy is a school where diversity is valued, and uniqueness celebrated. With Christ as
our perfect model of love and service, we are a community where children, families, and staff can feel safe, loved, and
connected. It is our mission that all students are known deeply, loved unconditionally, and learning holistically—and in
turn, that each student knows that they are safe, loved, and capable of learning.
NELA offers affordable Christ-centered education, by trauma-informed professionals, who believe that all children are
capable of success and worthy of love—no exceptions! NELA is part of the Broetje Family Trust family of foundations,
established by Ralph and Cheryl Broetje in 1990 to invest in the growth of flourishing communities. Informed by
teachings of servant leadership, trauma-informed professionals, and healing centered engagement as we take a holistic
approach to understanding and reconciling people’s connections to self, others, God and place.
Our Administrative Assistant has many responsibilities for our school students, parents and staff as the face of our
school as we grow into our brand new school in Pasco, WA. This full-time position reports directly to the NELA
Principal. Our Administrative Assistant has, with the cooperation of the Instructional Staff and the Principal,
jurisdiction over any students at any time or any place within the school.
The School Administrative Assistant will work with a small, collaborative team to:
• Graciously assist students, parents, and staff.
• Preparing, distributing, tracking, receiving, and organizing materials (files, state records, enrollment
materials, contracts, handbooks, attendance tracking, calendar, student/parent communications).
• Administering medication, first aid, and attending to sick students.
• Helping run safety drills, dismissal duties and special events.
• Assisting the principal in yearly start of year and end of year procedures.
• Making sure workroom is stocked and organized, and other duties as assigned.
We are looking for candidates who have:
• English/Spanish, both verbal and written.
• Can carry 35+ lbs. of school/office supplies, books, etc.
• Proficiency: Microsoft Windows, Office Suite, Teams, Zoom, Google Drive, Internet, and able to type at
least 45 words per minute.
• Support Christian education, holistic learning, and servant leadership development.
• High School diploma or GED; Two years of college preferred.
• A minimum of four years of secretarial experience is desired. Experience in a school setting preferred.
Salary and benefits
We offer a competitive salary, paid time off and sick leave, medical insurance, and 401k plan. We celebrate diversity and
are committed to creating an inclusive environment. To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume
through Indeed.com: Administrative Assistant – Pasco, WA 99301
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com