Website Nueva Esperanza Leadership Academy
Known, Loved, and Learning
Job Opening: Para Educator (K-8)
Nueva Esperanza Leadership Academy, operated by the Vista Hermosa Foundation, is a school where diversity is
valued, and uniqueness celebrated. With Christ as our perfect model of love and service, we are a community where
children, families, and staff can feel safe, loved, and connected. It is our mission that all students are known deeply,
loved unconditionally, and learning holistically—and in turn, that each student knows that they are safe, loved, and
capable of learning. NELA offers affordable Christ-centered education, by trauma-informed professionals, who believe
that all children are capable of success and worthy of love—no exceptions!
Vista Hermosa Foundation is part of the Broetje Family Trust family of foundations, established by Ralph and Cheryl
Broetje in 1990 to invest in the growth of flourishing communities. Informed by teachings of servant leadership,
trauma-informed professionals, and healing centered engagement as we take a holistic approach to understanding
and reconciling people’s connections to self, others, God and place.
Our Para Educator has many responsibilities to assist our school students and staff as we grow into our new school in
Pasco, WA. This full-time position reports directly to the NELA Principal. Our Para Educator has, with the
cooperation of the Instructional Staff and the Principal, jurisdiction over any students at any time or any
place within the school. The Para Educator will work with our small, collaborative, and growing team to:
• Graciously assist students and staff in all school functions.
• Facilitate the Christian, social-emotional, academic, and servant leadership development of students.
• Provide positive holistic learning environment; respond to the needs in a trauma-informed manner.
• Communicate effectively with all team members, using our Vision for Conflict Resolution.
• React to change productively and carry out all assigned duties.
• Demonstrate effective interpersonal relationships with others.
• Serve as a substitute for Teachers, other Para Educators, and office staff as needed.
• Ensure all activities conform to NELA guidelines and classroom expectations.
We are looking for candidates who have, or are working toward, one or more of the following:
• Para Educator apprenticeship in a program within Washington State Apprenticeship & Training Council
• Score of 461 or higher on the Education Testing Service Para Pro Assessment
• Associate Degree or higher from an accredited college or university
• 72 quarter credits or 48 semester credits at or above the 100 level from an accredited college or university
Salary and benefits
We offer a competitive salary, paid time off and sick leave, medical insurance, and 401k plan. We celebrate diversity
and are committed to creating an inclusive environment. To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and
resume through Indeed.com: Para Educator – Pasco, WA 99301
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org