Website Nueva Esperanza Leadership Academy
Known, Loved, and Learning
Job Opening: Teacher (K-8)
Nueva Esperanza Leadership Academy (NELA) is a private Christian school, part of the Vista Hermosa Foundation.
NELA is a school where diversity is valued, and uniqueness celebrated. With Christ as our perfect model of love and
service, we are a community where children, families, and staff can feel safe, loved, and connected. It is our mission
that all students are known deeply, loved unconditionally, and learning holistically—and in turn, that each student
knows that they are safe, loved, and capable of learning. NELA offers affordable Christ-centered education, by traumainformed professionals, who believe that all children are capable of success and worthy of love—no exceptions!
Vista Hermosa Foundation is part of the Broetje Family Trust family of foundations, established by Ralph and Cheryl
Broetje in 1990 to invest in the growth of flourishing communities. Informed by teachings of servant leadership,
trauma-informed professionals, and healing centered engagement as we take a holistic approach to understanding
and reconciling people’s connections to self, others, God and place.
Our Teachers have many responsibilities for our school students, parents, and staff as we grow into our new school
located in Pasco, WA. We plan to hire 1 or 2 new teachers for the 2021-22 school year, based on student enrollment.
Don’t miss this great opportunity to work in the Tierra Vida community with wonderful colleagues, students, and
families. This full-time position reports directly to the NELA Principal. Our Teachers have cultural, environmental,
instructional, and professional responsibilities (full list available in job description available on request).
The Teachers are responsible for:
• Planning and preparation of classrooms and class activities with objectives and course outlines following
curriculum guidelines, state standards, and requirements of NELA and communicating objectives to
students for all lessons, units, and projects.
• Adapting teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students’ varying needs and interests.
• Conducting activities for balanced instruction, Bible study, mindfulness activities, demonstration, and
work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate.
• Use NELA’s Vision for Conflict to guide positive problem solving and conflict resolution with colleagues,
parents, and students.
• Using SMART Board technology for instruction.
We are looking for candidates who have:
• Bachelor’s in Early Childhood, Elementary, or Secondary Education with Elementary certification
• Minimum of two years of experience working with children.
Salary and benefits
We offer a competitive salary, paid time off and sick leave, medical insurance, and 401k plan. We celebrate diversity
and are committed to creating an inclusive environment. To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and
resume through Indeed.com: Teacher – Pasco, WA 99301
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com