Website Saint George's School
Independent, nonreligious, IB, college-prep K-12 day school
Saint George’s School seeks an Upper School IB Economics and History teacher for the 2022-23 school year. The classes to be taught include IB Economics and Making of the Modern World.
Successful candidates will: have a demonstrated expertise in their discipline; love working with adolescents and their parents; have a strong understanding of pedagogy, a desire to collaborate closely with colleagues, and an interest in developing cross-curricular connections. Successful candidates will also demonstrate the ability to inspire students. Teachers at Saint George’s model life-long learning.
The ideal candidate will be available on occasion during the summer to work with administration in
order to facilitate a smooth transition into the classroom.
• Prepare and facilitate Social Studies classes for students in grades 9-12
• Develop mentoring relationships with students
• Provide a class experience that matches the school culture of developing each student’s talents
• Provide feedback to students and families in a timely manner
• Attend weekly and monthly staff meetings
• Supervise study halls
• Academic advising of students
• Other related duties as assigned
The successful candidate will be able to:
• Inspire students
• Contribute to the community and life of the school
• Design and develop creative and challenging curriculum that meets the needs of all students
• Differentiate for a range of learners
• Create unique curricula, learning standards, and goals within each class
• Adhere to SGS and IB Diploma Program course curriculum
• Effectively assess student learning using a variety of assessment strategies
• Commit to a learner centered pedagogy and a constructivist classroom
• Facilitate students’ independent critical thinking skills
• Communicate effectively with colleagues, students, parents, Administration, and members of the
• Be flexible, creative, and enthusiastic
• Work in a mission driven school
• B.S. in History, Economics, Political Science, or similar
• Minimum three – five years of teaching experience
• M.S. in History, Economics, Political Science, OR
• Masters in Education / Masters in Teaching
• International Baccalaureate teaching experience
• Teaching Certificate from accredited instituion
Salary/Benefits: Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with training and experience.
Application Process: Applicants should submit the following with their application materials:
• Cover letter explaining why they are particularly interested in and qualified for this position.
• Statement of Educational Philosophy.
• A current resume.
• Three professional letters of reference.
• A Saint George’s Application of Employment (found on the school website).
Application materials should be sent to the following individual (via mail, email or in person):
Executive Assistant to Head of School, Registrar
Saint George’s School
2929 W Waikiki Rd
Spokane, WA 99208
Phone: (509) 464-8830
Timeline: the post will remain open until a qualified candidate is found