Website Seattle Country Day School
Seattle Country Day School Job Opening
Job Title: IT Support Technician
Reports To: Director of Technology
Starting Date: When filled
Seattle Country Day School (SCDS) is an independent school that serves more than 400 gifted students, grades K–8, on a 2.4-acre campus on the north slope of Queen Anne Hill in Seattle, Washington.
At SCDS, we know gifted children can be intense, verbal, and imaginative; we also know that gifted children come from every community, every race, and every socioeconomic class. At SCDS, our students find a warm, welcoming classroom, one based around the concept of inquiry, a method where teachers encourage students to explore, to ask questions, to experiment, and to create. The school also prioritizes social-emotional learning, which is informed by diversity, equity, and inclusion concepts. This attention to the whole child, and to the world they live in, stimulates children’s intellect and imagination and helps foster qualities such as flexibility, empathy, integrity, and compassion.
In our work and in our hiring processes, SCDS is guided by a multi-year strategic plan that focuses on two interconnected priorities: retaining and attracting excellent faculty, especially faculty of color, and increasing the racial and socioeconomic diversity and inclusivity of our school.
SCDS is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at SCDS are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, veteran, military, or marital status, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression/identity, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), or any other status protected by applicable law. SCDS will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
The IT support technician will provide assistance and support for technology at SCDS. This will include working with faculty, students, and administrative staff in their use of technology, in addition to support for software and technology equipment campus-wide.
– Associate degree, bachelor’s degree preferred;
– Minimum 2 years of experience in an IT environment;
– Demonstrated knowledge of both iOS and Windows platforms;
– Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot software and hardware issues;
– Advanced knowledge of Google Suite, MS Office Suite, database and other web-based applications, and willingness to learn new applications;
– Exceptional customer service skills;
– Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral. Ability to effectively communicate about technology and provide training to individuals with varying levels of technology skill and ability;
Being able to work full-time on the physical campus is an essential function of this position. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Troubleshoot academic and administrative computer issues, and network issues;
– Provide training and support for teachers and staff for software and hardware, both ongoing and new;
– Maintain and support equipment campus-wide, including but not limited to computers, copiers, printers, 3D-printers, VoIP phone system, campus security system, AV equipment, and sound and lighting equipment;
– Support technology needs for school events, meetings, and other activities;
– Assist with the implementation of new equipment as well as relocation of existing equipment;
– Support and maintain school student information system, and provide assistance and training to users. Assist administrative staff with related requests, reports, and other data needs;
– Assist with planning, research, and purchasing of new equipment;
– Provide other assistance to the director of technology as requested;
– Other duties as requested.
Salary and Benefits
This position is full-time. Salary is negotiable, depending on qualifications. Salary range is $60,000-$70,000. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Life/LTD, Retirement (TIAA-Employer Matched), Section 125 plan.
Applicants should complete an employment application available on the school’s website at www.seattlecountryday.org. Submit this completed application along with a letter of interest and resumé to email@example.com .