Website Silverwood School
Independent K-6 school on 17 acres in Kitsap County
Duties & Responsibilities
The Lead Teacher in the Treehouse classroom is responsible for designing, revising, and delivering developmentally appropriate curriculum to a mixed-age classroom grades 1 & 2. The successful candidate will be dynamic, flexible, and engaging in their teaching style. In addition, they will:
- Deliver differentiated instruction demonstrating best teaching practices.
- Foster a positive, inclusive, respectful classroom culture.
- Monitor student progress and provide feedback to student, teaching team, Head of School, and parents.
- Remain open and willing to communication with parents, students, and staff throughout the school year, in formal and informal settings.
- Write a weekly classroom newsletter for families.
- Record student grades in Student Information System, and compile narrative report cards twice yearly.
- Remain informed about recent developments in teaching resources and methods with the flexibility to incorporate changes into instructional plans and activities.
- Deploy age-appropriate classroom technology to augment instruction and impart necessary technical skills to students.
- Attend school, teaching team, and parent meetings.
- Participate in and attend after-school events, such as Parent’s Night, fundraisers, graduations, strategic planning activities, staff meetings, talent shows, etc. These may occur on evenings and weekends.
- Be fluent in current classroom / teaching standards, and find creative, mission-appropriate ways to integrate these into curriculum.
- Maintain confidentiality, promote student health, and ensure student safety.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Preferences
- Bachelor’s degree
- Valid WA Driver’s License
- COVID-19 Vaccination: Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. All individuals who are offered a position will be required to provide valid proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to starting employment. Exemptions for documented medical conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs may be requested.
- Teaching certification and/or master’s degree in education or related subject matter
- 2 years’ classroom teaching experience preferred
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate:
- Communicates effectively and compassionately,
- Feels drawn to the outdoors, does not mind teaching and learning in the elements,
- Effectively utilizes education technology applications to enhance and augment classroom instruction.
- Respectfully maintains a high degree of confidentiality and integrity while exhibiting a professional manner and building constructive working relationships,
- Can report to work at the scheduled time and seldom be absent,
- Completes work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner,
- Is Comfortable using Microsoft Teams, Word, Outlook, & Apple Classroom; and,
- Can lift 35 pounds and walk and stand for long periods of time.
ABOUT SILVERWOOD SCHOOL
Silverwood was founded in 1984 when a group of parents from The Farm Montessori dreamed of continuing the educational experience, they received in their preschool Montessori experience. After a few moves, in 1995 Silverwood School arrived at its current 17-acre campus – an old farm on Central Valley Road Northwest.
Silverwood was founded on the belief that children thrive when they are motivated by curiosity, spend significant time outdoors, engage the world with their hands, build teamwork through project-based learning, and are nurtured by compassionate, caring teachers. We believe our small class sizes and large, wooded campus provide the backdrop for these core values. At Silverwood, our Mission and Belief Statements guide our work today and our plans for the future.
At Silverwood School, we challenge our students to become confident, compassionate citizens and skilled, life-long learners – literate, motivated, and intellectually adventurous.
We, the community of Silverwood, believe in the potential and curiosity of every child. Rooted in the relationships of teachers to students and the school to its families, Silverwood strives for a balance of structure and spontaneity, responsibility and opportunity, and discipline and discovery. With active family support for the child, faculty, and program, we prepare our students for their secondary education, to participate in and contribute to a richly diverse world, and to be stewards of our natural heritage. We encourage our students to passionately pursue their dreams.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please submit the following:
- Completed Silverwood School Application for Employment
located at: https://silverwood.school/jobs
- Cover letter outlining your qualifications and interest
- A current resume/CV
- 2 letters of recommendation from recent (within 2-3 years) professional references
Applicants should submit all materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in the subject line of your email.
Silverwood School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, ethnicity, gender or sexual orientation, in employment or in the administration of its educational program, admissions policies, financial aid program, or other school-administered programs.
To apply for this job please visit siliverwood.school.