JOB DESCRIPTION MIDDLE YEARS PROGRAMME (MYP) COORDINATOR
Location: Saint Luke School
All employees are expected to represent the Archdiocese of Seattle’s Code of Conduct and School Mission while conducting their job responsibilities.
Mission: With Catholic values and tradition, educate the whole child to lead as Jesus leads.
The position of Middle Years Programme (MYP) Coordinator is a member of the admin leadership team. This position requires on-going collaboration with leadership and faculty to successfully plan, implement and administer the International Baccalaureate ® MYP
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure compliance with the responsibilities of the MYP
• Support and mentor new MYP teachers in the classroom
• Assist teams in planning for the MYP. This requires a deep understanding of what constitutes a good collaborative learning team with its variety of roles.
• Maintain communication between the school and the IB organization
• Provide an introduction to the MYP for new MYP teachers
• Identify areas for professional development and plan internal and external workshops accordingly
• Provide MYP teachers with relevant MYP curriculum documentation
• Ensure that curriculum documentation is up-to-date. This includes overseeing the writing of Subject Group Overviews and Subject Units, policy documents, and guidelines for verification and evaluation
• Oversee the review of the MYP on an annual basis
• Keep copies of all correspondence with the IB, including forms, documents, and reports
• Prepare and submit any documentation required for authorization and evaluation
• Ensure that all requirements and procedures set by the IB concerning the MYP are adhered to
• Attend classroom instruction-in-progress to assess how teachers and students are experiencing the programme.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s Degree. Master’s preferred. Experience in or knowledge of International Baccalaureate (IB) – Middle Years Program (MYP).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Strong organization and communication skills; ability to multi-task and work with a variety of students from various ages.
Computer Skills: Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint is required.
Certificates and Licenses: Safe Environment CPR / First Aid Certificate Criminal Justice fingerprint and background clearance
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The information described below represents the physical activities and surroundings one may encounter when performing the duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: Must have the ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time; exhibit manual dexterity to dial a telephone, see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids; hear and understand speech at normal levels, outdoors and on the telephone; speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly; physical agility to lift up to 25 pounds to shoulder height and 50 pounds to waist height; and to bend, to stoop, to sit on the floor, to climb stairs, to walk and to reach overhead.
Environmental Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Duties are normally performed in a school environment or outdoors. Duties may be occasionally performed on field trips away from school. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.Communication from IB Relationship Manager via email in response to duties for a MYP Coordinator
Time to collaborative plan with all the teachers (classroom and specialist teachers). During this meeting there needs to be time to plan, write and reflect upon the unit plans, their assessments, learning experiences, etc. The coordinator is the channel between all the groups and teachers and needs to be present in as many of these meetings in order to have a coherent picture of the IB at the school and how the MYP is implemented across all year levels and with all teachers.
Time to lead meetings with the whole staff in regards to the implementation of the MYP.
Time to visit the classrooms in a frequent way in order to give feedback to teachers on their teaching and learning practices.
Be part of the pedagogical leadership team and all the meetings that come with this.
Administrative times for all the submissions, organization of PD that has to be done, personal projects, assessments, etc.
If interested, please contact Rick Boyle, Principal, via email: email@example.com to learn more about this excellent opportunity.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org