Website The Gardner School of Arts and Sciences
“Teaching deeply, learning fully, cultivating responsibility"
Schedule: Part Time or Full Time Available
The Gardner School is seeking a dynamic, experienced, and engaged Assistant Teacher for
K-6 and Early Childhood programs. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a team of
educators who support the emotional, social, and academic growth of children in our
preschool and Pre-K programs, ranging from 2.5- 5 years old and in our Kindergarten- 6th
The ideal Assistant Teacher candidate will have experience supervising students in
play-based settings and managing a classroom space to ensure safe, responsible, and
appropriate care. For candidates working with the Early Childhood position, current DCYF
certification is required. Assistant Teachers are often called upon first for substitute
teaching opportunities, as well.
● Assist Lead Teacher with classroom management and be committed to oversee the
safety and well-being of students in the classroom and outdoors.
● Assist in the preparation of the indoor and outdoor learning environments (ex:
preparing materials and supplies, cleaning up, properly storing materials in
collaboration with the children)
● Assist children with activities and transitions
● Establish strong daily routines and rhythms for children
● Establish effective communications and relationships with students and parents;
● Help to maintain school policies, regulations, and expectations per DCYF protocol
● Clean classroom, toys, and spaces regularly
● Develop and maintain professional, collaborative, and collegial relationships with
faculty and staff, as well as with community partners.
● Support the work of the Head of School and administrative/leadership team.
● Provide effective supervision of students to promote a safe and healthy environment
and school experience.
● Timely and professional completion of required reports and forms, including any
● Provide minor first aid as needed.
● Fulfill other responsibilities as assigned respective to faculty member’s status as a
Gardner community member.
● Complete additional facilities and support tasks as assigned.
● Earned high school diploma or higher degree, preferably in a field related to
education or child development.
● Demonstrated the type of language that supports social and emotional development
● Demonstrated success in creative and engaging play-based environments..
● Excellent verbal, written, and digital communication skills; ability to effectively
communicate and work with administrators, faculty, staff, parents, and students.
● Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with people from different cultures and
● Excellent skills in preparedness, attendance and punctuality.
● If working with our Early Childhood program, current certification from DCYF is
required. The school can support an individual in attaining this certification as well.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com