Website The Polytech
Seattle is now home to a new private school, The Polytech, offering career pathway instruction to high school students in addition to standard college prep academics. Unlike any other school in WA State, The Polytech focuses on students in grades 11-12 only, and combines high levels of advising and mentoring with small group instruction and the opportunity to take community college courses. By the time they earn their high school diploma, Polytech students will have already successfully completed a college experience.
Conveniently located in the Northgate area, The Polytech offers a wide variety of support services, including tutoring, individual courses for credit, and career assessment and advising, in addition to the private school option.
Come join our team and be a part of this innovative program. We are currently seeking part-time teachers for the following subjects:
- Math, algebra up through calculus. Ability to teach Statistics a plus
- Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Environmental Science)
- Ability to teach Spanish in addition to one of the above subjects a plus.
Desired qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s preferred
- Current teacher certification in WA or another state a plus
- Background experience or credential for working with special needs populations or working in alternative school settings
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products
- Energetic, student-centered communication style
- Must be able to pass a background check with fingerprinting to be eligible to teach.
Prospective teachers are invited to apply by sending a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We offer a positive work environment with all teaching materials and supplies provided, flexible work schedule based on caseload, and the opportunity to be a part of this innovative school. The Polytech is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org