Do you want to share your passion for art and love of learning with the next generation? Do you enjoy guiding Upper Elementary and Secondary students on a journey of discovery? If so, we might want to meet you.
Woodinville Montessori School is not a typical school. For the past 40 years we have created a learning environment to support the whole child’s growth and development. The environment is prepared specifically to allow students to experience a content rich, hands-on curriculum which provide opportunities to grapple with large concepts, engage their imaginations, and work toward a growing appreciation for the wonders of the universe. In Upper Elementary, students deepen their community consciousness and cultural awareness, along with transitioning from concrete to abstract thinking. In Middle School and High School, students organize and manage themselves, engage in abstract reasoning while they learn to develop the skills necessary to succeed in life.
This part-time position (0.6 FTE), academic year, starts January 17, 2023 with the hours of Mondays 10:30am – 1:30pm, Wednesdays 10:30am – 3:10pm, and Thursdays 8:45am – 3:10pm
- Be passionate about art
- Possess keen awareness of the functioning of the whole while also paying attention to individual and small group needs
- Be committed to excellent communication with students, families, staff, and the rest of the school leadership team
- Possess experience teaching art in a school setting
- Exhibit a high degree of organization and attention to details
- Display excellent oral and written communication skills
- High School diploma required. Bachelor degree or equivalent experience is preferable
- Two or more years’ classroom experience is preferable
- Understanding of and commitment to Montessori Philosophy, or willingness to learn
- Commitment to professional development and best practices in education
- Commitment to meeting the needs of each student
Salary range is $14,000 – $18,000 per year, dependent on education, training, and experience. Benefits include small class size of 10-15 students, paid time off, 403b retirement plan, professional development allowance.
Applicants should submit a cover letter explaining your interest in Woodinville Montessori School, resume, and employment application found on our website, www.woodinvillemontessori.org
Woodinville Montessori School celebrates the diversity of our school and local communities including race, color, nationality, religion, gender, sexual identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, national or ethnic origin. We welcome candidates representing the diversity of the world in our educational programs, tuition assistance, hiring, and other school administered programs.
Woodinville Montessori School is fully accredited through 12th grade by NWAIS and approved by Washington State through 12th grade. Woodinville Montessori School is accredited by AMS for students aged 18 months to 17 years.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org