There are about 50 private schools serving 650 students with Title III Part A, funding. These funds provide additional support for multilingual learners as well as services for American Indian/Alaska Native students and for multilingual/English learners in private schools.
OSPI’s Multilingual Education office will be hosting a Multilingual Directors’ workshop in August. Topics will include:
- Civil rights obligations for multilingual learners
- Identification of multilingual learners & AI/AN students
- Program models and the Title III and TBIP grants
- Effective services for multilingual learners
- Use of WIDA Standards to integrate content, language, and literacy
- Strengthening and improving programs for multilingual learners
- Language-focused family engagement
Multilingual and Federal Program directors are strongly encouraged to attend. Please reach out to your district Multilingual Education Program Supervisor if you have any questions.
Dates and Locations
Westside: August 14, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm, Puget Sound ESD 121, 800 Oakesdale Ave SW, Renton, WA 98057
Eastside: August 16, 9:00 am- 4:00 pm, ESD 105, 33 S 2nd Ave, Yakima, WA 98902