At the request of Governor Inslee’s office, WFIS is asking schools to share the following opportunity with your families.
Low and moderate income individuals and families may receive up to $1,200 back if they meet specific eligibility requirements for the Working Families Tax Credit:
- Have a valid Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN).
- Lived in Washington for a minimum of 183 days in 2022.
- At least 25 and under 65 years of age OR have a qualifying child in 2022.
- Filed a 2022 federal tax return.
- Eligible to claim the federal Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) on their 2022 tax return (or would meet the requirements for EITC but are filing with an ITIN).
Applications open in 2023. Please let families know. Here is the link to see if a person qualifies.