On October 27, 2017, seventy-one participants from at least 41 private schools gathered for a full day of informative presentations, which was kicked-off with a Keynote, Leveraging Laughter to Increase Learning by Conn McQuinn of McQuinnable Educational Services. The day was rounded out with networking with colleagues over food, a vendor showcase, and door prizes!
There were three door prize drawings and prizes included:
- A gift basket from Bell-Anderson Insurance
- Books from Achieve3000
- Numerous gift cards (Amazon, MC, Starbucks), ranging from $10-$50
- An office chair from Saxton Bradley
- A one-year subscription to Mangahigh.com for 100 students, plus free training
- Thirty free Math-Whizz licenses
- A one-year free Reading Plus software subscription for 30 students
- Two portable tripods from PSESD
- And more!
Handouts from the breakout sessions of Private Schools Day and a PowerPoint of the Keynote Address may be downloaded below. Feel free to share them with anyone who could benefit from them!
You may contact the following presenters for questions about their specific topics:
Also, feel free to contact the following sponsors who made available information about their products and services at Private Schools Day:
KEYNOTE: Leveraging Laughter (PPT) – Conn McQuinn, McQuinnable Educational Services
Breakout Session Handouts
- Students with Disabilities Attending Private Schools: Know Their Rights! (PDF) – Laura Matson and Teresa Davenport, PSESD
- Introducing Career Concepts into Your Art Curriculum (PDF) – Trinity Osborn, The Bear Creek School
- Lobbying on Behalf of Early Learning Programs (PPT) – Suzie Hanson, Executive Director, WFIS
- 14 Duties of Coaching (PPT) – Steve Bridge, Clear Risk Solutions
- Legislative Updates (PPT) – Suzie Hanson, WFIS
- Lego Robotics in the Elementary Classroom (PPT) – Angela Heath, Annie Wright Schools
- Recognizing Kindness in the Classroom (WEBSITE) – Andy Smallman, Puget Sound Community School
- Uncovering Bias: Screening Classroom Materials for Stereotypes (PPT) – Ilsa Govan, Cultures Connecting
- Ten Tips for Building a Successful International Student Program (HANDOUT) (PPT) – Ann Vogel, Charles Wright Academy
Corporate Sponsor Handouts
Please email Janet Hinrichs (firstname.lastname@example.org) to receive notification of future Private Schools Days.