Teachers with STEM-related endorsements must complete 15 clock hours or one goal from a professional growth plan (PGP) demonstrating the integration of two STEM components (science, technology, engineering, math). This policy was set by the Legislature.
Whether or not a teacher needs to meet this requirement depends on the endorsements on their certificate, not on their job assignment. Teachers with one or more of the following endorsements must meet this requirement:
- Agriculture Education
- Business and Marketing Education
- Computer Science
- CTE (All Areas)
- Designated Sciences: Biology, Chemistry, Earth & Space Science; Physics
- Early Childhood Education
- Elementary Education
- Family and Consumer Sciences Education
- Mathematics; Middle Level Mathematics
- Science; Middle Level Science
- Technology Education
NBCTs meet the STEM certificate renewal requirement by maintaining a valid National Board certificate.
Professional Learning can be obtained by approved clock hour providers
, WFIS partner my247ed
, the ESDs
, and several professional associations. Credits from an accredited college or university will also meet the requirement.