Annual Reporting Requirements
Private schools are required to submit reports each year to comply with Washington state law.
- Annual approval is through the State Board of Education each spring, typically in March.
- The Behavior and Weapons report, is filed using OSPI’s application through the Education Data System (EDS). It was suspended under COVID, but will be re-implemented in 2022. If you have questions, please contact Mike Donlin at Mike.email@example.com
- Enrollment and staffing report, collects the October 1 student count by school for PreK-12th grade private schools. Submitted through an online portal, typically mid-October through min-November each year.
- Private school participation in Federal Programs, through the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI), opens in mid-March and closes in April. Review OSPI’s Brief Description of Private School Equitable Services and contact the Equitable Services in Federal Programs Ombuds Julie Chace or Shelia Gerrish with questions.
- Immunization reporting, through the Department of Health, typically by November 1st each year.
- Schools should use the Private School Change of Information Form to ensure that their Head of School contact, email support staff, physical address and other pertinent details for communication stay current with the State Board of Education. Failure to do so will result in missed communications for the required annual filings listed above.