For-profit institutions had ample warning but Thursday’s decision by the Education Department still sent waves across the country resulting in panic, law suits and a new degree of suffering for students at for-profit schools. As WFIS continues to work on maintaining accreditation integrity for the private and independent K-!2 students of WA state, what lessons can be learned? Are there parallels to be drawn with the expansive list of nationally recognized institutional accreditors and our own region’s diverse group?
Current Board Members
- Auburn Adventist AcademyHere You Are Family
- Concordia Christian Academy
- Evergreen Christian School
- La Salle High School
- Lynden Christian Schools
- Mount Vernon Christian School
- Northshore Christian AcademyNational Blue Ribbon Award Winning School 2019
- Saint George's SchoolInspiring scholars, athletes, and artists to serve and lead others.
- Seattle Country Day School
- Seattle Hebrew Academy
- St. Michael Parish School
- The Bear Creek School
- Three Rivers Christian SchoolTo prepare students from infancy thru 12th grade to impact the world for Christ.
- Eaton Arrowsmith Academy - Redmond
- Hillside Student Community School
- Northwest Christian SchoolPreschool-8th Grade where students consider themselves a family of friends.
- Renton Preparatory Christian SchoolLeading Private Education
- Spruce Street SchoolWhere students are valued for who they are.
- St. Anne SchoolENRICHING MIND, BODY, AND SOUL SINCE 1923
- St. Madeleine Sophie SchoolServe, Lead, Love and Learn
- University Child Development SchoolIgniting positive change
- Student Voices: Why the educational system is flawed, and what to do about it August 1, 2022
- WFIS recap of the State-CAPE’s Summer Institute July 27, 2022
- DCYF & PNMA establish robust system recognizing Montessori for “credit”. May 6, 2022
- Early Learning Directors meet with DCYF Licensing Lead May 2, 2022
- Washington state to extend a pandemic graduation waiver program until 2024 April 7, 2022