For-profit institutions had ample warning but Thursday’s decision by the Education Department still sent waves across the country resulting in panic, law suits and a new degree of suffering for students at for-profit schools. As WFIS continues to work on maintaining accreditation integrity for the private and independent K-!2 students of WA state, what lessons can be learned? Are there parallels to be drawn with the expansive list of nationally recognized institutional accreditors and our own region’s diverse group?
Current Board Members
- Annie Wright SchoolsSmall Classes. Big Experiences.
- Auburn Adventist Academy
- Concordia Christian Academy
- Evergreen Christian (campus of Lynden Christian Schools)
- Evergreen Christian School
- La Salle High School
- Lynden Christian Schools, Lynden
- Mount Vernon Christian School
- Northshore Christian AcademyNational Blue Ribbon Award Winning School 2019
- NOVA Middle School
- Saint George's SchoolInspiring scholars, athletes, and artists to serve and lead others.
- Seattle Hebrew Academy
- St. Michael Parish School
- Three Rivers Christian SchoolTo prepare students from infancy thru 12th grade to impact the world for Christ.
- Three Tree Montessori School
- A Big List of Podcasts for Little Kids
- Child care centers are essential to the economy. But can they survive the coronavirus pandemic?
- Urgent: Senate CARES Act relevant to private schools
- NEW provisions on Paid Sick Leave & FMLA signed by President
- FCC suspends E-Rate regulations; allows free internet access to rural communities
- Agencies and Committees
- Ask Nancy
- Covid-19 Federal & State Agency messages
- Covid-19 WFIS updates
- Department of Early Learning
- Early Learning
- Education News
- Environmental and Sustainability Education
- ESSA Implementation
- Interim Workgroups
- Legislation and Policy
- School Choice
- State Board of Education
- Student Data
- Student Safety
- The Advocate
- WFIS News