In conjunction with UW, Nick of Time Foundation conducts heart screenings for students ages 12-24. Sudden cardiac arrest is the leading cause of death in exercising for young people on school campuses. Registration is required for a screening appointment within 30 days before the date of each location.
2023-2024 Screening Dates and Locations
- Nov 1, 2023 Snohomish SD- Snohomish High School
- Dec 6, 2023 Vashon Island SD- Vashon Island High School
- Feb 7, 2024 Tahoma SD- Tahoma High School
- Apr 3, 2024 Bellevue SD- Interlake High School
- May 1, 2024 Sedro-Woolley School District- Sedro-Woolley High School
Follow these steps to register:
- Reserve an appointment using the online scheduler, and you will receive an email confirmation.
- Download the Health History Form included in the email and fill it out completely.
- If the student is out of the district, please bring the completed form to the screening appointment. (In-district students submit to their school.)
- NO ONE WILL BE SCREENED WITHOUT THE SIGNED FORMS!
Screenings consist of a Heart Health Survey asking about possible signs and symptoms or family history of a heart condition. An EKG is performed that analyzes the electrical signals of the heart; in some cases, a limited physical exam or Echocardiogram of the heart is conducted. The results are reviewed on-site by cardiologists and sports physicians experienced in EKG youth heart screens.